Dog Early Warning System
This system was developed with the intent to increase awareness and decrease dog bite incidents. By using this easy to understand system, kids, adults and dogs can reduce the risk of incidents happening.
- Green means the dog is FRIENDLY
- It is important to remember to always ask permission before approaching or petting
- Even friendly dogs can have specific things they need to do or there could be things to avoid when interacting with the dog
- Yellow means CAUTION
- The dog could be nervous, have triggers that need to be avoided, get overstimulated easily, be leash reactive and many more reasons
- Ask permission and instruction from a safe distance.
- Red means DO NOT APPROACH
- The dog could be in training, injured, post surgery, working on exposures to triggers or the owner could simply not want to talk to people and wishes to focus on time with their dog.
DISCLAIMER: the information on the Dog Early Warning System (D.E.W.S.) program is provided as a service by A Pet's Pantry Society (the company). The Company makes no warranties or representations regarding the effectiveness of the D.E.W.S. program or the accuracy of a particular bandana color. The Company assumes no responsibility and shall not be held liable for any injuries, loss or damage to any animal or individual which may occur as a result of using the D.E.W.S. program.